Cosmetic dental procedures are so much on the rise. Out of all, the demand for dental veneers and laminates is increasing manifold throughout the world.
Dental veneers are thin, wafer-like, tooth-colored shells that we attach to the front surface of your teeth to improve their appearance. They are made using resin composite or porcelain materials. We bond them permanently on your teeth to enhance your smile.
If you have cosmetic concerns such as broken teeth, chipped teeth, or gaps between the teeth, veneers are the best procedure to opt for. We also use them to cover your severely discolored teeth.
What are the types of veneers?
- Composite resin veneers
- Porcelain veneers
What are the Benefits of veneers?
- Dental veneers are considered gold standards in cosmetic dentistry.
- Apart from improving the appearance of your smile, they also enhance tooth functionality by restoring problems like slightly chipped and broken teeth.
- Dental veneers resemble your natural teeth.
- They provide a long-term solution to your dental problem.
- Dental veneers also restore other problems like unusually shaped or pointed teeth.
How are the veneers attached?
We will evaluate your teeth by taking your dental X-rays and other examinations. We will also shape your teeth by removing some part of the enamel to bond the veneers perfectly in place.
The impressions of your teeth will be taken to create dental veneers in the exact size and structure. Meanwhile, we will attach temporary veneers to your teeth. When your permanent veneers are ready, we will bond them in place using an adhesive. We may also use ultraviolet light to harden the arrangement. After this, you are expected to care for veneers by maintaining regular oral hygiene.
Laminates are thin shells of tooth-colored material that are bonded to the outside of a tooth to protect the surface of a tooth from damage. The thin laminates made of plastic or resin are bonded to the front of a tooth.
What are the types of laminates?
- Porcelain laminates
- Resin laminates
Advantages of laminates
- Laminates are more affordable than porcelain veneers.
- You can achieve similar results with laminates as with porcelain veneers.
- The procedure is less invasive than porcelain veneers.
- Laminates can last longer than dental bonding.
- There is little to no tooth sensitivity with laminates.
You can achieve a similar result with dental laminates as with porcelain veneers. However, laminates are more affordable than porcelain veneers. Besides, since laminates are thinner than veneers, the procedure is less invasive.
With dental laminates, a bonding material is applied to the teeth. This material is shaped into the desired shape. It is then hardened and polished.
When are laminates used?
Porcelain and plastic laminates are used to close gaps, change teeth color, or reshape the teeth.
What happens during a dental laminate procedure?
Before you have your dental laminates placed, your dentist will take an impression of your teeth. A dental lab will use the impression to fabricate a set of laminates that can fit your teeth precisely.
Your dentist will then prepare your teeth for laminate placement. This involves filing away some of the tooth enamel or reshaping the teeth so that the laminates can be placed over them easily.
We are happy to hear from you, answer your questions, and schedule an appointment. Call Whitlow Dental Care at (559) 441-7700 or stop by our office. 1326 Van Ness Ave Fresno, CA 93721